Earlier today, my interview with Brian Pittman – part of his “DESKSIDE WITH…” series – was posted to CommPRO, a marketing communications industry news hub. Here ‘tis:
I’ll admit that I thought the final video would have been an edited to 4-5 minutes, but the final product clocks in at a meaty 12:51. If you haven’t got that much time to spend, here’s what we cover:
- 00:11: What I’m working on now – moving organizations from “plans” to “capabilities”
- 00:50: Crisis implications/lessons on WikiLeaks on companies
- 4:21: Biggest mistakes brands make when bad news breaks (hint: they’re not aligned!)
- 6:19: Common elements of companies that manage crises well through social media (hint: they’re aligned!)
- 8:33: Crisis preparedness New Year’s resolutions
- 10:18: How to align crisis response among PR, advertising, marketing, investor relations and corporate communications disciplines and agency partners (hint: get aligned before a crisis happens!)
If you have any feedback on the interview, share it with me below. (And, yes, I know I need a better webcam.)
Dec. 24 Update: Crisisblogger (and expert) Gerald Baron was kind enough to refer his readers to this interview on his blog. Thanks, Gerald!
Jan. 20 Update: It’s nice to see my European colleague Dirk Popp feature this video interview on his blog. Thanks, Dirk!